Dormia memory foam mattress: Where can I find it?

Discussion in 'Mattress User Reviews, Ratings & Discussions' started by David, Sep 9, 2017.

1. David

David New Member

I have been using Dormia mattress for over 8 years now and it is showing some lagging in the center and is no longer uniform and comfortable. Are they out of business now? It was an extra firm mattress that was really comfortable. Can I still buy the dormia. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

2. Mattresso

Mattresso New Member

Yes, Dormia is not operational anymore. imo mattresses in general that were made decade ago were consistently of good quality. There are some good mattresses now too, but imo the market is flooded with poor ones and you really need to wade through lots of garbage to find good ones.

3. SleepMaster

SleepMaster Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, you cant buy a Dormia now - but Tempurpedic has an extra firm mattress that has similar characteristics and feel imo. They are not cheap, but I think might be well suited to your preference.

4. David

David New Member

Which model? Can you link to the product?

5. SleepMaster

SleepMaster Administrator
    Staff Member

You can buy it from Amazon. The Tempurpedic mattress alternative to the very firm Dormia mattress I was talking about is TEMPUR‐Contour Supreme Firm Mattress

Their mattresses are popular for transferring very little motion to neighboring areas.

6. elisa

elisa New Member

Concur with @SleepMaster :) I have the TEMPUR‐Pedic Supreme Firm Mattress and I really like this mattress. My hips dont dig into this mattress and as a side sleeper this is perfect for me. It is firm, really firm with just a little "give" and it has made a significant change, I dont wake up with sore shoulders and hips. Good one. But make sure you are up for the firmness... If you want a little bit of obvious cushion then you should consider their medium soft mattress.

TEMPUR‐Contour-Supreme-Firm-Mattress.jpg

7. mek60

mek60 New Member

8. David

David New Member

Just want to say I bought the Tempurpedic supreme firm mattress and sleeping on it for 4 days now. It's beautifully firm(but yet cushiony) and even better than my older Dormia has ever been. Wow!!! Thanks everyone ;)

SleepMaster likes this.