Resmed airfit f10 Full Face Mask Reviews?

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by ws236285, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ws236285

ws236285 New Member

I am looking for an FFM that gives me a good fit without leaks.

Tried to do some research about alternatives and looks like the AirFit F10 is a potential candidate for my specs. Would like to hear reviews and experiences of the community here.

2. Pluslykell

Pluslykell New Member

@ws236285 Fit as you know depends on the shape and size of your face. And leaks depend on the fit. Go figure!

3. sleepmaniac

sleepmaniac New Member

AFAIK the AirFit F10 made by ResMed is a compact design full face mask with a SoftEdge(TM) headgear and SpringAir(TM) cushion, touted to be easy to use and very quiet in operation. Its version for women comes in pink accented designs!

@ws236285 Are you putting on your mask after settling down into your usual sleeping posture? You know, the shape and form of your face changes slightly depending on your posture, so fixing in one position and then using it in another may affect proper fit.

Apart from that, any mask can spring a leak if it is not the right size for you, not adjusted correctly or not assembled properly. You can use this template from ResMed to help you fit your FFM better. Talk to your doctor and your supplier for any other help you need.

Do not over tighten your FFM to get it to seal, though.

I heard that the device is a bit of a hassle to clean, I don't know if that is so. It comes in only so many sizes, so if you are one of those with a large face or an unusual shape of face, you may want to check that out first.

The Ascend FFM from Sleepnet has a replaceable "airgel" cushion that comes in S,M & L sizes. It's supposed to have fewer air leakage issues from what users said. I don't know if their idea of a "replaceable" cushion is that you will keep replacing it all so often because it is worn already. In any case, always plan on changing your cushion once in three to six months. You can give it a try.

You can also try to compare specs and prices with the Philips Respironics Amara Gel/ Amara View/ Comfort Gel , Apex Wizard 220, ResMed Mirage Quattro, and the De Vilbiss and Fisher & Paykel FFMS.

4. ws236285

ws236285 New Member

Thanks a lot @sleepmaniac for a whole lot of info on FFMs.

5. cubbaluege

cubbaluege New Member

I know a guy who likes the 'noise' a quattro m/c makes better than the one airfit makes when he is trying to go to sleep. ;)

6. Undudgebug

Undudgebug New Member

You can use this video to help you fit your AirFit F10 FFM. HTH.

7. MorganJ

MorganJ New Member

Hmmm... the F10 expects you to shave before you reach for the bed at night. Some manners, that.

8. CelL4

CelL4 New Member

Whatsa prob?

9. MorganJ

MorganJ New Member

@CelL4

Even a short stubble comes in the way of the cushion and your skin. That's enough of a gap to let some leak. Seems you need to have a smooth even surface touching the cushion for a good leak seal. At least that's what I found.

10. Alenaerorne

Alenaerorne New Member

The f10 gave me a good fit and I am able to sleep well without any discomfort. Also, there's no redness or itching on the skin in the morning when I wake up. I am going to stick to this mask.