Soclean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer Reviews

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by cockamamie, Apr 11, 2017.

1. cockamamie

cockamamie New Member

Hi,

I bumped into this forum today. Looks good :)
    Is there a good machine to quickly clean my CPAP facemask, tank and hose. Not to big or complicated, it better be compact.

Good if comes with a warranty for at least a year.

I would like to get one and start using it before I catch some sinus or lunch infection.

Any one here can tell me about the SO CLEAN cleaner? Is it a sanitizer? I heard it does good job and dont cost me everything.

Thank you very much.

2. softsleeper

softsleeper New Member

Welcome to our Forum, @cockamamie

You will find some useful info on this forum if you keep coming back regularly and check your post. I see that you are a CPAP user, so it's a good idea to go through the other threads also which will give you lots of info on SA and good sleep ideas.

3. Esme

Esme New Member

I have been using the So Clean cleaner for quite some time now. Installing it was a breeze and I can say it does all that it claims to do pretty well and without much of a hassle. Yes, of course, it does sanitize, not just clean. It kills viruses, bacteria and fungi.

It's automatic and the newer models are even more compact now.

4. sleepmaniac

sleepmaniac New Member

The SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine uses ozone to clean and sanitize your CPAP mask, hose and water reservoir and water in one go.

It connects to the reservoir of your CPAP humidifier to pump ozone into it. You run the machine for 5 mins. Then wait a couple hours before taking out the cleaned and sanitized items.

While it doesn't cost you "everything," the SoClean cleaner is not exactly inexpensive. However, depending on your need and plan, it may work out to be more economical in the long term than some alternatives. Remember, sleep apnea is a potentially serious disorder and you need to take every possible care, including preventing any kind of infections. A good automatic cleaner-sanitizer like the SoClean is an essential part of managing your sleep apnea.

There are no consumables that you keep buying repeatedly. SoClean uses none, no chemicals, nothing. All that you need is a change of filter and check valve after six months of use.

5. emelia

emelia New Member

6. MateRuss

MateRuss New Member

Why do you need to clean your mask everyday?

Germs can build up in the mask, in the water tank, in the water, and in the hoses, practically all parts of it. These germs cause infectious diseases like sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and a host of other ailments.

Cleaning your mask and accessories with a safe and simple disinfectant is important. Make it a part of your daily routine. SoClean takes only a couple of minutes to clean the complete set in one go. It uses activated oxygen to disinfect and sanitize, no the entire process is dry -- no mess because no chemicals are used, not even water to clean.

7. emelia

emelia New Member

The mask smells something odd after cleaning in the machine. I can't use it for that reason. Is it safe when it smells that way? Am I taking any risk if I use my FFM though it has a bad odor about it?

Any thoughts?

8. steve123

steve123 New Member

Hi Emelia,

What you see is the smell of ozone, which is nothing but an activated form of oxygen.
    Yes, you need to wait some time after taking it out of the cleaner. Ozone turns into oxygen back again in a couple of hours.
    Yes, ozone is harmless and perfectly safe. But it may be uncomfortable for you to wear your mask before the odor is completely cleared. You can run your CPAP machine for some time on idle (without you wearing the mask) and that will clear the ozone from it.

Hope that helps.

9. emelia

emelia New Member